Forget Me Not

Dear Lorenzo,

I'm starting to forget you.

You've been gone almost four years now and it no longer feels like it happened "just yesterday". I no longer anticipate the sounds of you talking to Dwight on speaker phone to awaken me from a deep slumber. I no longer remember the order in which you ate your cereals, one right after the other, from the large blue plastic bowl I now use to dress my salads. I no longer remember your smell, it having been laundered out of your clothing long ago.

I am starting to forget the details of our life.

It doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would and maybe that's what sucks the most. The...ordinariness of my forgetting you. It's just another indication of time's passage. We have a dog now, Butters, and Amira has a cell phone and a social group to which she belongs and...

We're moving on.

I didn't want it to happen but...

We're moving on.

You're in our hearts but no longer a part of our daily lives and...

The realization of this feels like I'm losing you all over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountains

Back.

Dear Mom